Experienced Psychologist in Hawthorn, Melbourne Clinical Private Practice
Treatment for addiction, anxiety, depression, trauma and post traumatic stress (PTSD; e.g., abuse, victim of violence), attention and concentration issues (e.g., ADHD / ADD, procrastination), stress, intimacy, identity and relationship issues trauma psychologist Melbourne.
Request an appointment online with Bita, Psychologist in Hawthorn (close to the Melbourne CBD) or leave a message 0433 781 919 | Messages are responded to within one business day. trauma psychologist Melbourne.
Bita Riazati Psychology Hawthorn is an inner Melbourne psychologist and psychoanalytic psychotherapist with clinical consulting rooms in Hawthorn. Bita offers trauma informed psychotherapy, Interpersonal and psychoanalytic treatments for anxiety, depression, complex trauma and a range of disorders and problems. This inner Melbourne psychology practice is only a short distance from the Melbourne CBD and the eastern suburbs. I am a trauma psychologist.
Hawthorn psychology clinical services consist of:
- Individual psychological therapy / psychotherapy for children, adolescents and adults
- Marriage and couples counselling, relationship and family therapy
- Clinical psychoanalysis
- Clinical assessment and reports
- Workcover, TAC, Victims of Crime assessment and treatment – please specify the claim number in the appointment booking form
- Therapy offered in English and Persian (Farsi)
This inner Melbourne psychology practice is respectful to the needs of individuals from diverse cultures and belief systems, and those from the LGBTIQ community.
Psychology Assessment, Treatment & Therapeutic Services
Melbourne Psychologist and Psychoanalytic Psychotherapist – Psychology Treatment in Hawthorn درمان
I work with individuals, couples and families who are experiencing life crises, complex trauma, loss, debilitating anxiety, persistent depression, panic or struggles with identity after a life changing event. Such events may be adoption, a miscarriage, migration, birth of a child, separation, divorce or death of a family member. As a result, my desire is to support individuals suffering from emotional problems, addiction, trauma, grief and other life crises.
I also offer therapy to individuals experiencing attention problems such as ADHD and ADD, intimacy, identity, sexual and relationship difficulties. Moreover, my patients may be suffering from any of these issues or a combination of these concerns:
- Severe general and social anxiety (i.e., constant worrying)
- Phobias and panic attacks
- Persistent depression (and other mood disorders such as bipolar)
- Anger, loss and grief
- Sleep problems (e.g., insomnia, nightmares)
- Psychosomatic and chronic pain
- Obsessive compulsive issues (OCD; obsessional thoughts, compulsive behaviours)
- Stress and self esteem problems (e.g., issues at work)
- Identity issues
- Intimacy problems
- Relationship issues (i.e., with partners)
- Sex related problems
- Complex trauma and post traumatic stress (PTSD; e.g., sexual abuse, victim of violence)
- Family, child, adolescent and parenting concerns
- Attention and concentration (i.e., child and adult ADD / ADHD, procrastination)
- Attachment and childhood developmental problems (e.g., Asperger’s syndrome)
- Migrant, refugee and asylum seeker’s issues
As a trauma psychologist in Melbourne, I offer treatment to patients referred under TAC , Victims of Crime and Work Cover injury claims. Please specify your claim number in the appointment request form. Request an appointment >
Throughout our lives, particular events may trigger intense emotional reactions or crises. The way we cope with our problems has a lot to do with our childhoods. In addition to seeking resolution to your presenting crisis, I will also work with anyone who wants to know more about the deeper sources of his or her inner conflict or distress using a psychoanalytic treatment
Clinical Assessment Interviews, Diagnosis and Reports
Mental Health Reviews and Medico-legal Reports for Court
Psychologists might write medico legal or psycho legal reports to form the basis of expert evidence in forensic settings, a legal hearing or tribunal. Solicitors may request from a psychologist to assess the psychological wellbeing, psychological injuries or impairment of an individual, diagnose, advise on treatment prognosis and recommend treatment options. In assessment reports I usually include some background information and psychological history, treatment progress, my clinical observations and opinion, recommendations, and whether there is need for further treatments or assessments.
Reports are usually charged at my hourly rate. Reports include:
- Mental health assessments and recommendations
- Victims of Crime VOCAT report (VOCAT assessment and diagnosis reports completed for those impacted by violence. Please note, this report can only be requested by a solicitor)
- Psychological assessment for personal Injury, workcover and TAC
- Assessment of children’s mental health and families for court
If You are Struggling in Your Studies
Other than assessment reports used in court, sometimes I complete disability support applications or reports for university or school students if their mental health difficulties interfere with their studies. These recommendations may give relevant context to the teachers and academic staff to help support you. If you need a report completed for this purpose, please specify this when you book an appointment with me.
Booking an Appointment
I can usually offer the next available appointment. I do not keep a wait-list, which means once we have spoken and agreed to work together, I can usually accommodate a session time. Sessions are weekly with me, I try to offer a regular time so you can commit this time to therapy and plan ahead. We work together and collaboratively towards your psychological wellbeing, recovery, learning, improvement, invention and discovery. I work Monday to Thursday, and I can offer a day or evening appointment. I do not work on weekends. Request an appointment with me using the online form or leave a message on 0433 781 919
– برای درخواست وقت با پیامگیر صوتی (۰۴۳۳۷۸۱۹۱۹) یا پر کردن فرم پیام بگذارید –
Directions to Bita Psychology Hawthorn – Clinical Private Practice
How to get there from Melbourne CBD, Richmond, Glenferrie, Kew, Abbotsford, Malvern, Kooyong, Camberwell, Glen Iris, Balwyn and Collingwood
My Hawthorn consulting room is near Melbourne CBD and easily accessible by car, tram or train from the inner melbourne areas or the eastern suburbs. The practice is a 12-minute walk from the Glenferrie train station (belgrave /Lilydale /Ringwood line) near Swinburne University Hawthorn campus, making it easy to get to from Richmond, Glen Iris, Kooyong and Camberwell. Glenferrie train station is four train stops from Melbourne Federation Square.
You can catch trams 109 (Port Melbourne to Boxhill line) or 48 (Docklands to North Balwyn line) from Melbourne CBD (Collins street) or from Richmond or by bus from Abbotsford and Collingwood. You can catch Tram 16 (Melbourne University to Kew line) from Kooyong or Glen Iris to my practice. There is free on-street car park available in front of Xavier College and Methodist Ladies College (MLC). Please check the relevant car park hours indicated on the street to make sure that you are parking on the correct side of the road. Allow sufficient time to get to your sessions.