Clinical Private Practice Psychologist Hawthorn, Melbourne: Day & Evening
As a psychologist in Melbourne I work with individual adults, children and adolescents (6-16 years) as well as couples who come with a wide range of problems. These include: relationship, intimacy and interpersonal crises, stress, questions of identity, anger, loneliness, suicidality, sexual dysfunction problems and desire, addictions, anxiety disorders, depression, marriage and parenting, childhood sexual abuse as well as bipolar disorder, complex trauma and posttraumatic stress disorder PTSD, ADHD / ADD and attention issues.
OR leave a message 0433 781 919. Requests and messages are usually responded to within one business day.
Bita Psychology Clinical Services
I am a psychologist in Hawthorn and my services are the following:
- Individual psychological therapy / psychotherapy for children, adolescents and adults
- Marriage and couples counselling, relationship and family therapy
- Clinical psychoanalysis
- Clinical assessment and reports
- VOCAT reports / Victims of Crime treatment and support – Solicitor refer client >
- Assessment and torture and trauma counselling support for asylum seekers referrals accepted from Life Without Barriers funded by the Department of Home Affairs – LWB refer >
- PTSD psychologist offering treatment to Workcover and TAC individuals – Specify the claim number and the name of your insurer in the form >
- Therapy offered in English and Persian
Our Work and the Process
Bita Riazati Psychology is a psychologist in Hawthorn offering psychological interventions and psychoanalytic therapy at her private practice consulting rooms. Psychoanalysis is a practical treatment method that focuses on the unconscious processes and conflicts which may result in dissatisfaction with life and mental health problems. Bita may also use trauma informed psychotherapy, Interpersonal and psychoanalytic practices for anger, relationship crises, anxiety, depression, bipolar, complex trauma and a wide range of disorders and problems.
This inner Melbourne psychology practice is only a short distance from the Melbourne CBD and the eastern suburbs.
This inner Melbourne psychology practice is respectful to the needs of individuals from diverse cultures and belief systems, and those from the LGBTIQ community.
Who do I see
Psychologist Hawthorn. Melbourne Psychologist. Psychoanalytic Therapist.
I work with individuals, couples and families who may be experiencing life crises, complex trauma, loss, debilitating anxiety, persistent depression, panic or struggles with identity after a life changing event. Such events may be adoption, a miscarriage, migration, birth of a child, separation, divorce or death of a family member. As a result, my desire is to support individuals suffering from emotional problems, addiction, trauma, grief and other life crises.
I also offer therapy to individuals experiencing attention problems such as ADHD and ADD as well as intimacy, identity, sexual and relationship difficulties. Moreover, my patients may be suffering from any of these issues or a combination of these concerns:
- Grief, Loss / bereavement
- Anxiety disorders / severe general and social anxiety / worrying
- Panic attacks
- Persistent depression and other mood disorders
- Bipolar disorders type I and II
- Self-destructive behaviours
- Sleep problems such as insomnia, nightmares
- Psychosomatic and chronic pain
- Obsessive compulsive issues (obsessive thoughts, compulsions)
- Stress and self esteem problems (e.g., issues at work)
- Identity and gender issues
- Intimacy problems
- Relationship and interpersonal difficulties
- Sexuality, sexual dysfunction and desire
- Complex trauma and post traumatic stress PTSD – for example precipitated by being subjected to sexual abuse or being the victim of violence
- Family, child, adolescent and parenting concerns
- Attention and concentration (i.e., child and adult ADD / ADHD)
- Attachment and childhood developmental problems (e.g., Asperger’s syndrome)
- Migrant, refugee and asylum seeker’s issues – torture and trauma counselling support LWB referral funded by the Department of Home Affairs >
As a PTSD psychologist in Melbourne, I also offer treatment to patients referred under TAC , Victims of Crime and Work Cover injury claims. Please specify your claim number in the appointment request form. Request an Appointment >
Throughout our lives, particular events may trigger intense emotional reactions or crises. The way we cope with our problems has a lot to do with our childhoods. In addition to seeking resolution to your presenting crisis, I will also work with anyone who wants to know more about the deeper sources of his or her conflicts or distress using psychoanalysis
Assessment and Reports
Mental Health Reviews and Reports for Court
Psychologists may be asked to write medico legal or psycho legal reports to form the basis of expert evidence in forensic settings, a legal hearing or tribunal. Solicitors may request from a PTSD psychologist to assess the psychological wellbeing, psychological injuries or impairment of an individual, diagnose, advise on treatment prognosis and recommend treatment options. In assessment reports I usually include some background information and psychological history, treatment progress, my clinical observations and opinion, recommendations, and whether there is need for further treatments or assessments.
Reports are usually charged at my hourly rate. Reports include:
- Mental health assessments and recommendations
- Victims of Crime VOCAT report (VOCAT assessment and diagnosis reports completed for those impacted by violence. Please note, this report can only be requested by a solicitor)
- Psychological assessment for personal Injury, workcover and TAC
- Assessment of children’s mental health and families for court
- Reports for Asylum Seekers
Students: If You are Struggling with Study
We can work together to understand your difficulties that may be impacting your mood, motivation and abilities to concentrate. Sometimes I can help by writing support letters for university or school. These recommendations may give relevant context to your problem. Please tell me about your specific needs when we speak.
Booking an Appointment with Me
I can usually offer the next available appointment, because I do not keep any wait-lists. Once we have spoken and agreed to work together, I can usually accommodate a session time. Sessions are weekly and my aim is to offer regular times so you can plan ahead and commit this time to therapy. Your engagement in the treatment process is an investment in your well-being and your learning. So I will work with you towards your psychological wellbeing, recovery, learning, improvement, invention and discovery.
I work Monday to Thursday 8 am to 9 pm, so I can offer day or evening appointments. However, my evening appointments are popular so please be prepared to initially attend a different time. Request an appointment with me using the online form or leave a message on 0433 781 919. I respond to form requests usually within a day. I look forward to hearing from you.
Psychologist Hawthorn: Directions to Bita Psychology
How to get there from Melbourne CBD, Richmond, Glenferrie, Kew, Abbotsford, Malvern, Kooyong, Camberwell, Glen Iris, Balwyn and Collingwood
My Hawthorn consulting room is near Melbourne CBD and easily accessible by car, tram or train from the inner melbourne areas or the eastern suburbs. The practice is a 12-minute walk from the Glenferrie train station (belgrave /Lilydale /Ringwood line) near Swinburne University Hawthorn campus, making it easy to get to from Richmond, Glen Iris, Kooyong and Camberwell. Glenferrie train station is four train stops from Melbourne Federation Square.
You can catch trams 109 (Port Melbourne to Boxhill line) or 48 (Docklands to North Balwyn line) from Melbourne CBD (Collins street) or from Richmond or by bus from Abbotsford and Collingwood. You can catch Tram 16 (Melbourne University to Kew line) from Kooyong or Glen Iris to my practice. There is free on-street car park available in front of Xavier College and Methodist Ladies College (MLC). Please check the relevant car park hours indicated on the street to make sure that you are parking on the correct side of the road. Allow sufficient time to get to your sessions.